Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Plastic Egg Countdown

This weekend the boys started asking me, “How many days until Easter?” They ask every day...multiple times a day. It is adorable and annoying at the same time.

I decided to start a countdown in hopes the kids will remember how many days are left without asking. We are starting today with 12. The photos are pretty horrific- it is hard to get a good shot of the shiny eggs, but you get the drift.


If you want to do this yourself, it can be put together quickly with just a few supplies. I used some plastic eggs left over from Easter last year and numbered each one from one to twelve with a number stickers (but you could write the number on the egg with a sharpie).

I put a chocolate inside each egg for each child and mixed the order up on the egg holder. If you don’t have an egg holder you could use a basket. The boys will have to find and identify each day’s number.


V is at school today so we will start at 12 when he gets home. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Do you do anything to count down to Easter?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your egg holder! We aren't doing a countdown for Easter this year, but this one sure looks fun.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I loved your glow stick idea for the picnic basket and will be sure to add some soon.
    www.littlewondersdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete