Friday, September 16, 2011

Resurfacing Day!

Our schedule was shot to you-know-where earlier this week when the city decided to shut down the neighborhood to car traffic for 24 hours in order to repave the streets. The streets were not bad to begin with, but I’m not complaining- it is nice to live in a city that doesn’t wait until there are potholes to get something done.

Anyways, I really didn’t want to fight for a parking space on the street then walk with the kids to and from the car for five blocks...uphill both ways...in the rain, so I did something unheard of- I rescheduled all of our appointments for the day, and prayed no one had to be taken to the emergency room.

We got lucky- they paved our cul-de-sac first thing in the morning. However, the adjoining streets were done last- go figure!

Vincent watched the guys work for an hour, occasionally joined by his siblings. And I had a great excuse to sit on the front porch sipping coffee in my PJ’s at 7:30 a.m.





Most importantly, no one split his or her head open while it cured.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment