Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First Haircuts


Coco had her first haircut this week. She doesn’t have all that much hair, but what she has was, in her words, “a hot mess”. I wonder where she learned that?

I think first haircuts strike fear and sadness in the hearts of most mothers. Sadness because the baby is growing up so quickly. Fear because you don’t know how the child is going to react when the scissor appears in the stylist’s hand. Luckily for Coco (and I) she has been watching her brothers happily get their hair cut for the last two years.

Here’s Vincent’s first haircut at 23 months.


And Franklin at 18 months. He has always had the best hair in the family.


Coco choose to sit in the big kid seat- no cars for her. Apparently she didn’t get the memo that explains why parents fork out $20 for a two-year-old’s haircut- so they can get a cute photo in the car. So sad for me!


She did, however, choose to watch Dora the Explorer.


Wendy cut her hair. We only get haircuts when we can get an appointment with Wendy. This may seem silly, but Franklin got a very bad cut once when Wendy wasn’t available. Luckily Wendy fixed it the next day. Wendy is five months pregnant. You better believe we will get haircuts before she goes on maternity leave.


Coco received a nice blow out and style. I was envious.


When we were leaving Wendy commented that she didn’t look as much like a baby anymore, to which Colette said, “I’m not a baby, I’m Coco.”


She’s not a baby, she’s my Coco.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment