Monday, November 14, 2011

Fun Size Me!


It was 12 days past Halloween and we had a vat of candy left. This is not from lack of attention. We all have a piece after lunch and dinner and sometimes after school. I have been known to raid the bowl at midnight while shopping online making my to-do list. At this rate, we will still have Halloween candy left after Thanksgiving. This is against my motherly sensibilities, and religion.

Since it was rainy and cold this weekend the oven was calling my name, so I decided Candy Bar Cookies were necessary.

This is an awesome way to use up Halloween (or any) candy, and you can use any variety you want. I used 7 Reese’s cups and 7 Snickers fun size bars. The batter was looking a little sparse at the end so I threw in 2 Butterfingers. I hate lonely batter.


You may be thinking that if my goal was to get rid of all this candy in my house it is counter productive to mix up sugar and eggs and butter to mold said candy into little baked calorie bombs. You are totally correct, but you can learn from my mistakes and shortcomings. The beauty of this recipe is that you can freeze the batter and use it later.

Better yet, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll the dough into individual cookie balls. Pop the sheet into the freezer until the balls are firm, then put them into a large baggie in the freezer. Pull out a few balls and bake them when ever you want something yummy, or the house to smell really good! 

I know I used the word balls a lot in that paragraph. Get your mind out of the gutter please. We are talking cookies here.

Candy Bar Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons  vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
14 fun size candy bars, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter and the sugars until fluffy I find this is the most important step in any cookie recipe. Put your finger in there for a taste. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended. Stir in the candy bars.
I use a small scoop, on a silpat (or greased cookie sheet). In my oven this takes 12 minutes. If you have a good oven, I would check them after 10 minutes.


I will tell you that the cookies with the Butterfingers were the best. And a word of warning... if you used a caramel candy don’t be impatient and pop one of these cookies straight from the oven and into your mouth. The caramel gets really hot, not that I would know this from first hand experience. Not me.


Go use up the extra candy!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. "I know I used the word balls a lot in that paragraph. Get your mind out of the gutter please. We are talking cookies here." Hilarious!

    I love the idea of these cookies. More is more. Is it wrong that I want to take my will-be 6 month old trick-or-treating so I can steal his candy?

    ReplyDelete