Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Celebrating and Recovering



We just came off what might be the busiest three weeks of my life. It included lots of school activities and commitments, a traveling husband, a visiting uncle, the half marathon, Vincent and Coco’s birthdays and parties, and Patrick’s early birthday getaway. Throw in getting ready for Halloween and doctors appointments, soccer, swim lessons, and all the day-to-day stuff, and I’m not going lie, that Xanax prescription looked pretty damn tempting!

I did a lot of it to myself. Growing up birthdays were a big deal in my family, and I have promised myself that I will do the same for my kids. It would be more manageable if each child had their own birthday month, but with two kids sharing a birthday week, it is hard! I want them both to feel special. I don’t want either to feel slighted because their birthdays are within three days of each other.


Vincent turned five this year. Where has the time gone? Was it only five years ago that I could nap whenever I wanted and sleep in on the weekends?


We celebrated his birthday with cupcakes and presents and his favorite meal.

He had a birthday celebration at school, complete with fruit kabobs and marshmallow pops.


Legos and Hex Bugs were a huge hit this year. Franklin was excited too.


Colette turned two, three days later. She is such a sweet girl, my baby.


Colette got a cake and presents.


She loves her babies, and princesses and Dora, and Scooby Doo.

We finished the week with a joint party, something I don’t think I will be able to get away with forever, but Vincent happily agreed to this year. We are blessed to have such amazing friends and an awesome school community.



I love my little Libras, both born on Wednesdays. They are kind and loving and concerned for others. They are helpful and obedient. Vincent is a pleaser and a perfectionist, which can cause him frustration. Coco is fastidious and girly. As Coco gets older I see so much of Vincent in her. They both ask for permission to do things and say sorry and please and thank you without being prompted. I would like to say that this is the product of brilliant parenting and take full credit for their awesomeness, but then there is Franklin who totally shoots the nurture theory to you-know-where. Franklin is awesome too, just in different ways!

So, happy birthday to my oldest and my youngest. Mommy and daddy love you and are so proud of the children you are becoming.


Will someone please remind me about October in June? I need a lot of time to get ready.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment