Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Parade

The boys had their Halloween celebration today at school. It consisted of a "parade" through the elementary school and church offices with classroom parties following. Last year when I arrived to Vincent's classroom to walk with him in the parade he was teary eyed. He was afraid I had forgotten and wouldn't be there. 


This year when I arrived, Captain America told me (very politely, after a hug and a kiss) that he wanted to "walk with my friends." 
Huh? Are you kidding me? I hope the shock didn't register in my face. Of course I said he could walk with his friends. 





Then I went to Thor's classroom (aka: Franklin). He was thrilled to see me, but wanted to hold his teachers hand instead, and walk with Spiderman (aka: Ryder).



Another parenting moment, where you are thrilled and sad at the same time. I was a little weepy on the way home, but I still have my Supergirl Coco to myself...at least for now!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment