Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick’s Day Snakes

We made chain snakes today for St. Patty’s Day. I was going to explain the significance of the snake as it related to the day when Vincent told me that St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland by banging his drum.

I’m glad we are getting our money's worth from his school, and even happier that he both remembered what he learned and shared it with Franklin.

This was super easy for the boys to do themselves, involved few supplies, and next to zero prep work. I cut the paper before the activity because I didn’t want then to be burned out before the fun part started. They worked independently, and even shared a glue stick without quarreling. I had a few blissful minutes to drink my coffee while I watched.

I was letting the boys pick out buttons for the eyes when Franklin declared his snake’s name was, “Mommy”. I had intended on scary fangs and a tongue, but the mommy in our house frolics in the grass all day, eats only organic vegetables and never hisses. Fangs would have been totally inappropriate. Instead they have a smile...like a mommy.

Sweet Coco doesn’t get featured on Mom's for Xanax when we are doing crafts, so here she is- ball in one hand, baby bottle in the other. She is very well rounded.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable family...and a great time! I love the snakes..and never knew how they related to St. Patty's!

    ReplyDelete